Third-Party Pentax Lenses - Reviews and Database » Voigtlander Lenses » Prime Lenses
Voigtländer 75mm F 2.5 SL COLOR-HELIAR Review RSS Feed

min. focus distance: 0.7m
max. magnification ratio 1:7
Dimensions: 64x40mm
Weight: 250g
Filter size: 49mm (non-rotating)
Hood optional, square-shaped or round shaped (ref. LH-75S)
Mount Type:

Add Review of Voigtländer 75mm F 2.5 SL COLOR-HELIAR
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-5 of 5

Registered: June, 2018
Lens Review Date: June 20, 2018 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Small, sharp, great colors
Cons: Unusual focal lenght, difficult to find in good conditions, minimal focus distance
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 9    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 10    Value: 8

Tried this lens briefly but I finally did not keep it due to odd focal lenght.

It's really small and nicely made. Handling is pure pleasure, as usual with Voigtlander.

Sharpness is good even wide open, a bit of chromatic aberrations but it's not a major issue. Bokeh looks good, even if not as smooth as the one of a 85mm f/1,8. Colors are absolutely wonderful, with kind of warm tones which I found great. Rendering is definitely nice.
Depending on the mount, minimum focus distance can be very long.

Major concern about this lens is that it is no more produced, and it may be difficult to find one in good conditions AND not too expensive. Mint samples can rise 500 € depending on the mount. The cheaper ones are LTM versions, but these are old lenses and can be quite heavily used.

Location: Wisconsin, USA
Lens Review Date: June 2, 2017 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $500.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Outstanding Colors!
Cons: Not that good wide open
Sharpness: 10    Aberrations: 10    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 10    Value: 10    Camera Used: K1

Got a "new to me" Voigtlander SLII 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar today.

Took it out with my K1 and did a few "quick tests". Below is a photo taken at f/8 and a 100% crop from that image. It was taken at f/8. The only thing that I did in post was to resize and apply a bit of sharpening.

From f/2.8 - f/11 it's a beauty. I am not nuts about it's rendering wide open at f/2.5 (the Zeiss lenses I've shot in this focal range have better bokeh from f/2 to f/2.8). Also, there's a tiny bit of drop off in IQ begining after f/11. Its' best aperture is f/8.

I really like the way the V75 renders colors. The colors look "vibrant and pure". This might be the effect of its' simplistic "Heliar" optical design.

Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar by Dave Weber, on Flickr
Here's a 100% enlargement of the above photo...

Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar by Dave Weber, on Flickr

Registered: December, 2014

Lens Review Date: July 21, 2016 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $570.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Colours, quality at f2.5, compact + lightweight
Sharpness: 9    Aberrations: 9    Bokeh: 10    Handling: 10    Value: 10    Camera Used: K-1; K-5IIs

I have the 20, 40, 58, 75 and 125 SL(II). This is my most favorite.
The hidden treasure of the SL-series in my opinion.

It has nothing stellar, like the Macro-APO-Lanthar, but it´s very well balanced.
Even at f2.5 the quality is already fantastic. Aberrations are good controlled.
Colours are one of the best and it has a nice focus transition.
Sharpness is very good and enough. But not excellent sharpness like a makro-planar or a good 50mm.

Compactness and useful focal-length make it to a very good allrounder.
I mostly use it for portraits. I seldom need aperture bigger than f2.5 for that.
Close-Ups are nice with the lens, too.

My pictures are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskpTS9Zs

Lens Review Date: April 22, 2015 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $400.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Sharpness, color, bokeh
Sharpness: 10    Aberrations: 10    Bokeh: 10    Handling: 10    Value: 10    Camera Used: K-5, K-7

Registered: June, 2010
Location: Sebastopol, California

Lens Review Date: July 15, 2011 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Lovely Image Quality
Cons: Extinct, Over-exposes a little (like all Voigtlanders)
Sharpness: 10    Aberrations: 9    Bokeh: 8    Handling: 9    Value: 8

I believe the Voigtlander 75mm Color Heliar occupies a unique spot in the great Voigtlander line up, a lens with real character. Typical of Voigtlanders, it is superbly built -- all metal and beautiful to behold. I suppose I should mention that like all six Voigtlander lenses I've owned, the 75mm over-exposes a little (typically 1/2 stop). I wouldn't subtract points for that, however, since it's so easily corrected and need not have an effect on IQ.

Add Review of Voigtländer 75mm F 2.5 SL COLOR-HELIAR

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!